This Saturday, I will turn 30. When I was 20, 30 seemed like a big deal. As I've got closer to it, I've become more of the opinion that life is a series of rolling events rather than age-related milestones. I'm also pretty sure that's what people tell themselves when they get older.
In no particular order, my 20s have included:
- Meeting and marrying a wonderful girl, and moving to Taiwan with her.
- Getting a BSc in Computer Science (only took me 5 years).
- Working for a Web 1.0 startup in London, which didn't make it.
- Working for another startup in London, which did.
- Working as Technical Director with a web design agency in Exeter.
- Freelancing while trying to get something of our own off the ground.
- Travelling to various places?uID=2098712&iID=112c309eea05613f283a4f89870c3f5b.
- Running a few 10ks and half marathons.
- Working on an open source project.
Overall, it's been a great decade, and I'm excited to start the next one. I'm curious what I'll be writing about in 10 years time... (waiting for future Tim to come back in time to tell me)... nope, I guess time travel hasn't been invented yet.